Sunday, June 8, 2014

Ulta haul!

So my birthday was in the month of May, and, I don't know if you knew this, but you get a free mascara and double the membership points if you go during your birth month.  I'm such a procrastinator, I went on the last day of May, and I swear to you, the moment those doors opened, I was like a kid in a candy store.  I have to swatch everything, even though I know I'm not going to buy the $40 foundation on my minimum wage jobs.  But still, I love that store, even more than Sephora, since they have prestige and drugstore brands.  I can indulge a little bit while picking up the products I'll be needing every day.
Showing off my bag

What's in my bag?
First up is this CK One Mascara you get for your birthday.  I haven't tried this out yet, since I'm using the Makeup Forever mascara I got from my birthday from Sephora.
This is the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer 001.  I don't hate the elf primer I was using, but I didn't feel like it prolonged my foundation use.  It mattified just fine, but it didn't really do anything in the long run.  I've been using this for a week or two now, and I like it much better.  It minimizes my pores and keeps my foundation in place all day.
Next up is Nyx Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in Porcelain.  I use this to cover up blemishes as well as contour.  It works, but I don't think it's any better or worse than my elf concealer.
I needed a lighter foundation for the summer, so, on the advice of a YouTube beauty blogger, I went searching for the L'Oreal True Match foundation in Natural Ivory.  It's thinner than my old foundation, but it blends well if I need heavier coverage.  I really prefer this over my old foundation.
Nyx makes some wonderful matte lipsticks.  I already own the shade Siren, which is a dark red, so I wanted some more natural colors to wear to work.  The shades I picked up are Nude and Natural.  Natural is a bit pinker and darker.
Because I often don't wake up with enough time to shower, let my hair air-dry, and then straighten it before class, I usually blow-dry my hair straight.  To help, I picked the new got2b Rise 'n Shine Blow Dry Cream.  It has a nice, almost floral scent that makes my hair nice and shiny.  I'm utterly in love with it.
Finally, I splurged and bought the Benefit Porefessional Agent Zero Shine, which has an adorable built in brush for application.  I actually throw this in my purse and use it throughout the day for touch-ups.  It works, but I will say that it doesn't last for very long.
So that's my Ulta haul!  Stay tuned for an excellent thrift haul coming up soon.  The stila look will be up soon.  What's your favorite Ulta product?

No comments:

Post a Comment