Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Insomnia

In a fit of insomnia, where I'd exhausted my usual routine of websites, I went to my old standby. Yes, Pinterest, for the insomniac in all of us.
While on there, I saw a tutorial for a look using pop of neon eyeshadow. It was just what I was looking for, since I do have a class at 8 am this summer, where I want my makeup to be a little understated, but still fun enough to stand out. My only problem with this tutorial? It used exclusively high-end Urban Decay eyeshadows. They're gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but not exactly feasible for a student.
So I went out to prove you could fake this look using only an elf 96-Color Geometric Palette I got for free during a sale, and 2 hours of sleep. This is what I came up with:
This look uses one of the only high-end product I own, the Urban Decay Primer Potion and three brown shades, with the lightest color in the inner corners, the middle brown in the center, and the darkest brown in my crease. Then I used the brightest blue on my bottom lashes for just a pop of color!  Finish off with two coats of mascara and you're out the door and ready to stun everyone with your gorgeous peepers.
So there you have it, a cheap and easy high end look dupe!

No comments:

Post a Comment